Net Solutions Interactive works with industry groups to ensure that its products and services meet or exceed industry standards with respect to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”). Net Solutions Interactive’s services are specifically designed to include features that help our clients comply with HIPAA.
Net Solutions Interactive uses a relational database that employs a secure login process requiring a username and password. Net Solutions Interactive’s programmers work with material which may occasionally contain ePHI. All aforementioned programmers go through a clearance process and are required to have unique usernames and passwords when working with the server. When a user adds or modifies data within the database, a record is made that includes which data were changed, the user ID, and the date and time the changes were made. This establishes an audit trail that can be examined by authorized system administrators.
HIPAA requires healthcare providers to enter into “business associate” contracts with certain businesses to which they disclose patient health information. These business associate contracts generally require the recipients of such information to use appropriate safeguards to protect the patient health information they receive. To perform certain service and support functions, Net Solutions Interactive personnel may need access to patient health information maintained by its customers. As a result, Net Solutions Interactive may be considered a “business associate” of customers to whom it provides such services.
Net Solutions Interactive’s business associate agreement will assure its customers that the company will use patient information obtained from them to provide services and support only and will safeguard that information from misuse.
Privacy & Security Policy
To implement these business associate requirements and protect the confidentiality and integrity of the patient information it receives, Net Solutions Interactive’s Privacy and Security Policy will:
- Provide that the company obtain and use confidential patient health information obtained from its customers only as necessary to perform customer service and support functions;
- Limit access to such information to those employees and agents who perform identified service and support functions;
- Prohibit disclosure of patient health information received from customers to persons who are not employees or agents of the company in the absence of express approval from the legal department and, if appropriate, the customer and/or patient;
- Require all employees and agents of the company to report uses and disclosures of patient information that are not permitted by Net Solutions Interactive’s Privacy and Security Policy;
- Provide that Net Solutions Interactive investigate all reports that patient health information was used in a manner not permitted by its Privacy and Security Policy and will impose appropriate sanctions for conduct prohibited by the policy;
- Establish that Net Solutions Interactive employees who may come in contact with patient health information receive training regarding Net Solutions Interactive’s Privacy and Security Policy and the importance of protecting the privacy and security of patient health information; and provide for the storage and transmission of patient health information received from customers in a secure manner that protects the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of the information.
For more detailed information about Net Solutions Interactive’s policies and procedures, please feel free to contact [email protected] or call (844) 862-4757.